Trina Roach

More and more people I know are either active on platforms like MySpace or have started their own blogs. Some blog purely for the pleasure of it, others have started business blogs, while still others have made blogging their business.

I admit to having made several half-hearted attempts at blogging in the past. Somehow, though, I could never grasp the raison d'etre for a personal blog, and for the longest time couldn't find my unique voice writing a business blog.

Though I continued regularly studying business-related blogs, and dropping in to read friends' personal blogs from time to time, blogging didn't gain any real relevance for me till I found myself growing increasingly frustrated at the inflexibility of my main web page. Marketing plan aside, I found my homepage quickly lagged behind my dynamic workshop schedule, as well as concept and project development. As someone who doesn't write her own code, outsourcing every new page and pop-up to a web designer/ programmer seem like the financial version of a bottomless pit. Leaving folks to click on a grossly outdated page also wasn't the answer.

With more and more small and mid-sized companies in the US and UK making the switch to so-called "blog sites", developing a blog that can later be traded up to a blog site seemed like just the right thing. That's how Creating Tomorrow: The Blog was born!

Ok, so I'm still experimenting with finding my unique blogging voice. Several entries a week on leadership-, coaching- and presentation-related issues that catch my eye give me plenty of opportunity to smooth the rough edges. The pages function allows me to also add updated content about myself, my consultancy, and my concepts, projects and services. Anyone having a look can also access my online calendar of upcoming open workshops, information telesessions and complimentary teleseminars there.

Soon I'll be extending that platform to allow people direct access to free tips and resources, as well as sneak previews of my upcoming eBook and eCourses (yes, I've been keeping very busy!) to download. Anyone interested at the moment has to be low-tech and email me at info(at)creating-tomorrow.com.


Web Address: www.creating-tomorrow.com/blog



Subject Creating Tomorrow: Blogging It Out!